The Association of Dawson Professionals (ADP) is the union organization that represents all professionals who work at Dawson College – full-time, part-time, permanent and non-permanent.
Professionals work with students, teachers, and the administration. They work as Academic Advisors, Counsellors, Psychologists, Librarians, Analysts, Pedagogical Counsellors, Communication Officers and Administration Officers.
The aims of the ADP are as follows:
- To promote and maintain the rights, interests and welfare of professionals at Dawson College in all matters regarding their common interests;
- To ensure and encourage the active participation of professionals at all levels of College governance;
- To ensure the just application of the Collective Agreement governing professionals, to promote understanding of its contents and to participate in its negotiation;
- To promote effective communication and collaboration within the Association and with other groups within the College;
- To model respect and ethical behaviour within the Dawson community.