Professional DevelopmentAll members of the ADP have access to Professional Development funds from both the College and the union.
Dawson College Professional Development FundApplication Form for Professional Development Funds – Professionals
Dawson College offers each professional up to $700 a year in funding, to support their professional development. These funds may be used towards:
- registration & tuition fees for credit courses;
- workshop or conference fees and related expenses;
- membership fees to professional associations; or
- the purchase of computers, computer peripherals and mobile devices (once every five years).
Professional Development – Professionals – Policy and Procedures (November 2016)
Please note that completed application forms should be submitted to Human Resources for approval, and that all applications must be submitted 30 days in advance of the activity or purchase.
ADP “Lifetime” Professional Development GrantPRINT Application form // ONLINE Application Form
The ADP, likewise, offers funds to help cover the cost(s) of:
- participating in conferences, workshops, or courses at recognized educational institutions; or
- purchasing computers, computer peripherals or mobile devices.
ADP Professional Development Policy and Procedures (April 2018)
These professional development funds are administered by the ADP Professional Development Committee (PDC), which has the following mandate:
- to approve requests from professionals for the ADP professional development grants;
- to examine the professional development needs of professionals;
- to recommend professional development group activities to the ADP Executive Committee;
- to allocate funds for group activities approved by the ADP Executive Committee;
- to liaise with the College on professional development issues and activities;
- to advise professionals on how to obtain funding from the College for professional development activities;
- to keep an up-to-date list of all professionals who have received a grant;
- to review the existing policy at the start of each new collective agreement and to suggest revisions to the policy (if necessary) to the ADP Executive Committee.
Completed applications should be submitted to Kelly Ann Morel.