The Classification Plan (2012) provides a description for each professional employment group. The description deals with the nature of the work specific to each group, the required qualifications, and a list of characteristic duties.
The Classification Plan covers the following employment groups.
- Academic Advisor
- Academic and Vocational Information Counsellor
- Administration Officer
- Communications counselor
- Financial Management Officer
- Guidance Counsellor (or educational counsellor)
- Pedagogical Counsellor
- Psychologist (or Educational Adjustment Counsellor)
- Social Work (or Social Service Officer)
- Specialist in Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Student Life Counsellor
A new professional employment group has been created since the 2008 Classification Plan went into effect – conseillère ou conseiller en services adaptés. Information about this new classification can be found on this website under “Letters of Agreement”.